“I grew up in a family involved with the legal profession. My dad was KSR co-founder Harold R. Kemp, so you could say law is ‘in my blood.’”
How many people get to say they have the opportunity to help a person who desperately needs their help? Lauren never takes for granted that she gets to do that every day.
Focused on employment law, civil litigation and domestic relations, Lauren’s passion is people. Every day she advocates for her clients, and thrives in the courtroom debating complicated issues on their behalf.
Being a litigator requires quick decisions — at depositions, hearings and trials. Lauren’s skillset in that regard is unparalleled due to her hands-on commitment to getting to know her clients, as well as her competitive drive. She works hard to understand their issues and goals, and then works closely with them throughout their case.
Admitted to practice:
- Ohio, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2015
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2015
- Business and Events Editor, I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society
- Member, Business Law Society
- The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business, B.S., Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing, 2012
- Kemp, Schaeffer & Rowe Co., L.P.A., Law Clerk, 2014-2015
- Babbitt & Dahlberg LLC (fka Babbitt & Weis, LLP), Law Clerk, 2013-2014
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Magistrate Judge Terence P. Kemp for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2014
Associations and involvements:
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Women in the Profession section
- Young Lawyers section
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- New Lawyer Committee
- Family Law Committee
- Labor and Employment Law Committee
- Drugs, Crime and Real Estate, Corum Real Estate Company Newsletter, Winter 2016