Estate planning demands a careful exploration of your family values. After all, an estate plan requires you to decide which family members or charities will inherit your financial resources. It also requires an experienced estate planning attorney who can help you recognize those values and see that what really counts to you is reflected in your estate plan.
At KSR, we counsel clients on a variety of considerations relating to estate planning. Those include:
- Last Will
- Avoiding the probate process
- Asset protection
- Appropriate asset ownership designations
- Beneficiary planning to minimize legal expense with the goal of eliminating the probate process at death
- Choosing who should carry out your wishes. (We can even fill this role as necessary.)
- Who should serve as guardians to love and protect your young children in your absence
- Who should assist you in making health care and financial decisions if you are unable to do so
- Whether a family member needs the protection of a Trustee in managing funds or a family business after you are gone
- Living Wills making clear the decisions on how the end stage of your life should be handled
As trusted Columbus, Ohio estate planning attorneys, we also have the experience and litigation tools to help in other ways.
For instance, sometimes estate planning documents are unclear or have been coerced by untrustworthy people. We can clarify poorly drafted documents and seek court intervention when estate planning documents contain content which was not truly intended.
KSR also provides efficient cost-effective estate and guardianship administration when the probate process is required to make sure assets are located, debts paid, and distributions made as you intend. These are based on time spent as opposed to a percentage of the value of the estate.
Need help from your estate planning? Contact estate planning attorneys Steven D. Rowe and Matthew S. Marsalka.