Michael N. Shaeffer (Retired)
Prior to his retirement at the end of 2018, Michael Schaeffer worked for over 45 years representing individuals and various business entities in numerous real estate and other commercial transactions.
Michael was actively engaged in representing creditors in commercial collections. He represented lenders in numerous commercial workouts in the Bankruptcy Courts and in State Court. Michael handled many large, complex, troubled loan situations. He was instrumental in transactions, large and small, involving either the sale or purchase of operating businesses and real estate.
Most important are the relationships that Michael built with his clients, partners, co-workers, lawyers and members of the federal and state bench. Michael earned and maintained a strong reputation for trust and honesty that lasted his entire career.
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- The Ohio State University, J.D., with honors, 1974
- The Ohio State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1972