“My clients trust me and look to me to guide them through this very complicated and emotional process in their lives. I take my role as their lawyer very seriously.”
Julie L. Leveridge is a board-certified family law specialist and a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. She is a skilled professional and an expert in family law.
Since joining KSR in 2011, Julie has utilized her vast experience as a domestic relations lawyer to her clients’ advantage.
She has a deep understanding of the issues that affect her clients and has a keen ability to advise her clients on the possible outcome of their particular cases. This allows Julie to counsel her clients on the best path forward only after careful consideration of the potential costs and benefits of each option.
She knows that sometimes the best way forward in a case is to settle a dispute, but she is also prepared to go to trial if necessary.
Admitted to practice:
- Ohio, 2000
- Kemp, Schaeffer & Rowe Co., L.P.A., 2011 – Present
- Grossman Law Offices, 2005 – 2011
- Joseph & Joseph, 1999-2005
- Capital University Law School, J.D., Order of the Curia, 2000
- University of Kentucky, B.A., History, 1997
Associations and professional involvements:
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2000- present
- Family Law Specialty Board Member, 2016-present
- Family Law Committee, Member, 2000 – present
- Columbus Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 2015-present
- Author of the Ohio Chapter’s submissions to the national AAML newsletter
- Columbus Bar Association
- Family Law Committee, Appellate Subcommittee Co-chair, 2013- present
- Admissions Committee Member, 2011- present
- Family Law Committee Member, 2000- present.
- Lawyer’s Club of Columbus, Member
- NBC Channel 4 OSBA Legal Eagle Program, Speaker and Commentator, 2001
Civic and volunteer involvements:
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Development Board, Member, 2005-2007, 2011-present
- Rock ‘N Bowl Executive Committee, 2012 – present.
- Interfaith Legal Clinic of Columbus, Volunteer, 2005
- King Avenue United Methodist Church, Pro-bono legal assistance, 2005-2006.
- Super Lawyer, 2015-2017
- Avvo, Superb 10.0 out of 10.0 Rating
- Columbus CEO Magazine, “Top Lawyer” in Family Law, 2015-2016
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best Under 40 Award, 2014
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2007, 2009-2013
Speaker at CLE seminars:
- Double Dipping Again – 28th Annual Family Law Symposium AAML Ohio Chapter, October 2016
- Child Support and Spousal Support – Columbus Bar Association, October 2016
- Advanced Issues in Family and Divorce Law- Advanced Discovery and Evidence in Divorce, December 2013
- Child Custody Procedures: Form by Form- Pre-trial and Trial and Modification and Enforcement of Child Support Orders, June 2012
- Handling Spousal Support Modifications, as a part of the Support Issues in Divorce Proceedings- Consideration in Spousal Support and How to Determine Spousal Support and Practice Tips for Counsel, November 2007
- Child Support and Litigating the Divorce Case from Fee Agreement through Temporary Orders, 2003
- Child Support and Litigating the Divorce Case, March 2001