“You could almost say I did not become a lawyer, so much as I was born into it. I have worked with my dad, Michael Schaeffer, on and off for over 25 years — doing everything from answering phones to filing. That experience taught me the level of commitment KSR shows to its clients.”
Scott Schaeffer’s law practice at KSR is focused on commercial matters. He represents creditors in all matters including collections, restructuring and claims in bankruptcy. And he also represents businesses and individuals in business formations and business transactions, debt restructures, real estate transactions and related matters.
Aside from Scott’s family ties to law, one of the things that prepared him most for this career was five years working as an e-business consultant prior to attending law school. As a consultant, Scott learned how to streamline and create efficiencies. In helping clients solve their legal problems, he applies the same business skill to find ways to create efficiencies and design processes to help make his clients successful.
As a consultant, Scott often heard people say they do not want to hear how they could not do something; they want to find a way they can. That stuck with him, and he carries it over to all his clients — striving, always, to get results and find creative solutions.
Admitted to practice:
- Ohio, 2006
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio 2006
- United Stated District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 2006
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2006
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 2006
- Kemp, Schaeffer & Rowe Co., L.P.A. 2009 – Present
- Zeiger, Tigges & Little LLP, 2006-2009
- Hitachi Consulting, fka Experio Solutions 2000-2003
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2006
- Miami University, B.S., Finance and Management Information Systems, 1999