Columbus Uncontested Divorce Lawyer
Helping Clients Navigate the Uncontested Divorce Process in Ohio
When you and your spouse have determined to end your marriage, you may be dreading the thought of a long, drawn-out, and contentious divorce. Fortunately, there is an alternative to the traditional divorce process. An uncontested divorce is a way for you and your spouse to end your marriage without the need for litigation. This can save you time, money, and stress. At Kemp, Schaeffer & Rowe, our Columbus uncontested divorce attorneys can help you navigate the process and ensure that your rights are protected. We are committed to providing you with the compassionate and personalized legal guidance you need during this difficult time.
Call Kemp, Schaeffer & Rowe today at (614) 665-5833 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our uncontested divorce attorney in Columbus.
What is an Uncontested Divorce?
An uncontested divorce is a legal process where both spouses mutually agree to end their marriage and reach a consensus on key issues, like the division of assets, spousal support, child custody, and child support. Unlike a contested divorce, where disagreements may require court intervention, an uncontested divorce offers a smoother and more expedited path to dissolution.
In an uncontested divorce, spouses work together to create a comprehensive agreement that outlines the terms of the divorce. This agreement is then submitted to the court for approval, streamlining the legal process and allowing for a more cost-effective and efficient resolution.
Requirements for an Uncontested Divorce in Ohio
While an uncontested divorce can simplify the dissolution of marriage, specific requirements must be met to ensure eligibility for this streamlined process in Ohio. The requirements include:
- Residency Requirements: In order to file for an uncontested divorce in Ohio, at least one spouse must have been a resident of the state for a minimum of six months before filing. Ensuring compliance with residency requirements is crucial to initiating the uncontested divorce process.
- Mutual Agreement: The heart of an uncontested divorce lies in mutual agreement between spouses on critical issues. Both parties must be willing to collaborate and reach a consensus on matters such as property division, alimony, child custody, and child support. Our experienced attorneys at Kemp, Schaeffer & Rowe can facilitate constructive discussions to help achieve a fair and balanced agreement.
- Complete Financial Disclosure: Transparency is key in an uncontested divorce. Both spouses are required to provide a full and accurate disclosure of their financial assets and liabilities. This information aids in the fair distribution of marital property and the determination of spousal support.
- No History of Domestic Violence: Uncontested divorces are designed for couples with an amicable relationship. If there is a history of domestic violence or other significant disputes, an uncontested divorce may not be suitable. Our legal team can assess your situation and provide guidance on the most appropriate course of action.
- Court Approval: Once all terms are agreed upon, the finalized agreement must be submitted to the court for approval. Our Columbus uncontested divorce attorneys ensure that all necessary documentation is accurately prepared and submitted, facilitating a smooth approval process.
Steve is great and willing to help in any way he can!! Suzette doesn't skip a beat, and keeps it all on track!!!- Heather L.
I was very pleased with Mr. Yarmesch, He stayed in contact with me, and returned my phone calls and emails promptly. Most importantly he negotiated a satisfactory outcome.- Former Client
Matthew is very professional & knowledgeable. He has helped me in many ways with obtaining shared parenting with my child. He is very professional with time management of deadlines in all cases and really is a overall great attorney to hire for all fam- Former Client
We couldn't be more thankful. Steven definitely made the process very easy and as stress-free as possible.- Maria J.
KSR is amazing and they are my go-to lawyers!- Don B.